By Christopher M. Nichols,Nancy C. Unger
- The unmarried, definitive source for the most recent nation of data in terms of the historical past and historiography of the Gilded Age and revolutionary Era
- Features contributions by means of top students in a variety of proper specialties
- Coverage of the interval comprises geographic, social, cultural, financial, political, diplomatic, ethnic, racial, gendered, non secular, international, and ecological topics and approaches
- In today’s period, also known as a “second Gilded Age,” this publication deals proper old research of the criteria that helped create modern society
- Fills a big chronological hole in period-based American historical past collections
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history_1 books
100 and fifty years in the past, Florida was once shaken through conflict, blockade, financial deprivation, and the demise of local sons either inside and much open air its borders. at the present time, tributes to the valor and sacrifice of Florida’s squaddies, sailors, and civilians are available from the Panhandle to the Keys. Authors Lees and Gaske examine the range of Civil warfare monuments in-built Florida among Reconstruction and the current day, elucidating their emblematic and social dimensions.
Earlier than Lincoln Park cemented its stylish recognition, lots of strange and unruly heritage controlled to settle into its starting place. A Viking send, mob henchmen and girls of the night all took up place of dwelling within the similar a part of city the place Dwight L. Moody went from promoting soles to saving souls. because of a accomplice ferryboat crewman, a lot of Lincoln�s own results belong to the local named after him.
“The vigorous tale of the Civil War’s so much unlikely—and such a lot uncelebrated—genius. ” —The Wall road magazine basic Montgomery C. Meigs, who outfitted the Union military, used to be judged by means of Lincoln, Seward, and Stanton to be the necessary architect of the Union victory. Civil battle historian James McPherson calls Meigs “the unsung hero of northern victory.
Nestled within the center of Prince George�s County, the town of Bowie has grown from a Colonial farming quarter to develop into one among Maryland�s biggest towns. Its wealthy heritage is intertwined with these of the railroad, early tobacco tradition, the increase of suburbia, and Thoroughbred racing. Belair Mansion and sturdy bred many of the twentieth century�s so much terrific racers, together with Triple Crown winners raced below the Belair colours.
- Saucon Valley (Images of America)
- Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, The (Postcard History Series)
- Bernal Diaz Del Castillo The Discovery And Conquest Of Mexico 1517-1521
- Captives in Gray: The Civil War Prisons of the Union
Extra resources for A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Christopher M. Nichols,Nancy C. Unger
- Download e-book for kindle: Akrodynamik: Ganzheitliche Therapie nach dem Brunkow-Konzept by Michael Uebele,Thomas Wolf
- Download e-book for iPad: National Security and Double Government by Michael J. Glennon